Sunday, September 20, 2009

WEEKEND ROUNDUP

Yesterday I worked at the Library and one of the visitors was Evelyn Williams who teaches English at Tarrant County College. I asked her if she was familiar with LET'S HEAR IT. She said she was and had a student who wanted to do a paper on the author. I told her about Lou's files being archived at TWU and then had to explain it wasn't Texas Wesleyan but Texas Woman's University. She appreciated the info and I was glad to know that LHI was being used like it should be.

The Homecoming parade had the Homecoming King of Wallace Bennett and Queen Betty Browning both FUMC members. Homecoming devastated Sunday School and church. But it was better than one time when I was the only student at my class. I enjoyed eating at the potluck although I was chagrined because I forgot about it and didn't bring anything. They let me eat anyhow.

I told Dr. Amy Morris I liked her TV ad. She said it made her look 10# heavier and I disagreed. I asked if she had another dentist on the staff because she calls it Morris and Associates. She doesn't have another one. I asked what she was going to do when the baby comes and she has a friend who will cover for her for a week and she will have Thanksgiving off and back to work. I told her she had it planned well. Mark and I agreed on his removing my sutures on 9/27 when my daughter will be here to supervise. Because we have a table for 10 on Saturday for the Books and Boots luncheon that will have a tribute to Elmer Kelton and Lou. We will have Mark, his Kathy, Kathy and two granddaughters there. And other friends to fill the table.

Mark Morris told the Warlick's about being stationed on Cypress. They are leaving this week for 21 day trip to Ephesus, Cypress, and other Mediterranean cities. James Warlick said he wanted to visit the art museums in Spain and part of their trip will join an art group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home