Thursday, September 10, 2009

ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DOCTOR AND BD PARTY

This morning Kathy Rodenberger had to clean the blood out of my hair and put a new dressing on it. I ruined a pillowcase, but she had anticipated it and put an old one on the pillow. But she did a good job and it is getting better. I drove by the house to pick up the mail and run a fast check of my email and then headed for Lubbock. I stopped at Sonic in Clyde and as I was leaving I looked at the car next to me and it looked a lot like Carol Walt with a lot of hanging clothes in the car and I wondered if she was headed for the Cowboy Symposium to sell her books there.

I got to Lubbock in time for my appointment. I drove thru a heavy rainstorm on the south side of Post. It wasn't raining on the north side. Then I ran thru a shower in Lubbock, but the sun was shining at the doctor's office. Dr. Reynolds did a scope check and said except for a little scar tissue I was clear in my prostate and bladder but he wanted to make sure there was nothing in the kidneys so he had me go for sonigrams of them. Got that done right at 5 p.m. so I got to play in the TT traffic to get to the hotel at the Civic Center.

Richard and Mary Ann Chaffin, former CP Pastor now living in Lubbock, picked me up at the hotel and drove me all the way across town to a seafood restaurant to celebrate my birthday again. We had a great time reminising and when I told them I had filled out the eHarmony form, Mary Ann said she knew someone who had tried it but gave up. We went back to the hotel room and Richard added some tape to the bandage that I had had Dr. Reynolds nurse put on the back of my head. It is a terrible place to make tape stick because it is in the hair. Mary Ann suggested running the tape up to my bald spot but Richard rejected the idea. I called Sue to tell her about the Dr's appointment and when she asked if my head hurt and I told her no, she was disappointed that it wasn't hurting after that much surgery. I just hope I can sleep better. I don't think it will bleed too much tonight. And I need the sleep because I haven't had my afternoon naps for two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home