Sunday, September 13, 2009

RAINY SUNDAY AND GENESIS

It has rained all day and soaked in. 3"so far according to my remote raingauge. I think it reads a little less but I haven't checked the glass gauge. No runoff to help the creek run. For literature you can't beat the stories in Genesis. We finished it in SS this morning. We got Jacob or Israel, they use both names interchangeably, into Egypt with a 70 family members who we will learn later will grow to scare the heck out of the Egyptians. What was interesting was how Joseph as prime minister ran Egypt during the famine years. The first year he took all of the money. The second year he took all of the livestock and the third year he took all of the land for the Pharaoh. The next year he gave them grain to plant and even though they were still in the drought, he imposed a 20% income tax. The only land he couldn't confiscate was the priests land. They had special status in Egypt. So he made the entire country slaves to the Pharaoh. The class was concerned that Joseph died before his older brothers. My answer is that he hadn't eaten the multi grain diet of his brothers but had been living on the rich diet of the Egyptians for too many years and his cholesterol got him. But the Bible doesn't give that explanation.

Today I got to SS class and realized that I had forgotten to put my hearing aids in. I really missed them although I could understand most everything. I got my bandage replaced by Susan Hunter with help from Jimmy Dale who came in at the right time. She put the bandage on and Jimmy taped it down. Should last until I get back to Dr. Maberry's knife and skin graft. He said he was going to move some loose skin with hair in it to the hole in my head. So after the Library board meeting in the morning I will drive to FW, spend the night and Mark and Kathy will both come with me back to CP so that he can give the Kiwanis program Tuesday noon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home