Friday, September 18, 2009

ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DOCTOR


Today I finally met the doctor who accepted half of Dr. Estes patients when he retired. That was two years ago. We had good service from an excellent PA Sharon Palone(?). Dr. N. Keith Robinson had a citation on his wall related to Iraq. I asked him and he said he was from Iran, with a Jewish/German mother who was from Iran. Didn't find out about his dad. He checked me over and got all the medical history since the annual checkup by Sharon. He told me to quit aspirin for two weeks to help get my urinary tract back to normal since the scope damage. He also had an excellent nurse give me a flu shot. She said it would hurt. I told her that she didn't give me the shot because I felt nothing. She said that was the greatest compliment a nurse can have.


Yesterday morning started early with the Methodist Men and Mark Morris adjusted my loose bandage and told me he was an expert at removing sutures so I may let him. I posted all of my Blood Pressure readings for the last two months to take to doc today. After looking at the record he let me go back to Lotrel. In the afternoon I wrote the AC minutes and sent them for correction. Then Sue and Ike came by on their way back from Abilene doctors. We had a good visit. She planned to spend the weekend working on her back taxes but going to the Boots and Books Luncheon where there will be a tribute to Elmer Kelton and Lou messes up her schedule. She also has a problem with Sunday's schedule so may revise. Kathy, Val and Carol Thormer plan to come as well as Mark, Kathy and Ashley. I am ordering a table for 10 so we should take care of everyone.


Tomorrow is homecoming for Cross Plains and I volunteered to be at the Library for any visitors who haven't seen our new addition and great looking library for a town our size. I have been on the Library board through it all.


This afternoon I printed the photo of Mark and me at Kiwanis for the newspaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home