Wednesday, September 09, 2009

DEER FED, GRASS MOWED AND MELANOMA REMOVED

This was a full day. I filled the deer feeders and put a newly charged battery in the automatic feeder and mowed the lawn around the house. I drove to Mark and Kathy's house. Kathy loaded the car with food and Dotty and we were stopped by a bad wreck on I-30 but got to her mother's apartment, the food unloaded and met Mark and still got to the doctor's office by 3:30. Got in at 4:30 and by 6 he had taken a quarter sized plug both in diameter and thickness off of the back of my head, cauterized it and pulled it back together with some skin but will need to pull a little more loose skin over it if the biopsy indicates that he got all of the melanoma cells. He took off 1/2 centimeter outside of the main location to insure that he got it all. I am glad he didn't go 1/2 cm deep. But I want all of it gone. He sends the whole thing off for biopsy and will know Friday or Monday what needs to be done next. Kathy took photos but you don't want to see them. Hopefully one more trip to complete the skin grafting. So far there has been no pain until the lidocaine wears off.

We then went back to Mommy Carleton's apartment to be joined by Ashley and Ross and I was treated to a birthday party with spaghetti, salad and my favorite chocolate cake with eight and three candles to blow out. Ashley and Ross thought I needed to keep my brain working so they gave me two crossword books. Kathy and Mark gave me chocolate from Europe (Swiss chocolate purchased in France) plus two short sleeve shirts, one in chocolate color. So it was a perfect day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home