Sunday, August 09, 2009

SUNDAY LESSON

My new mouse didn't work when I booted up this afternoon and so now I am back to the touchpad and have to type carefully. I had to restore my system back to August 3 to even be able to use the touchpad. I can't install the new mouse that worked great yesterday.

The Sunday School class were enlightened by the story of Jacob the shepard who picks a shepardess for a wife and spends 20 years working for Laban to get his two daughters Leah and Rachel. Our ranchers in the class have never used Jacob's tactic of having his sheep look at striped branches when they come to drink when they are in heat and as a result the offspring are striped and thereby become Jacob's. Of course it is interesting to see the mothers of the twelve tribes that become the Israelites. We only got to the birth of Joseph and haven't completed the roster of the twelve yet. But next week we will really be educated about the patriarchs.

This afternoon we celebrated Carl Edington's 89th birthday with John Baum and his wife from Hawaii giving him a fresh lei and another necklace that I missed the meaning of. Carl was properly thankful and a lot of his friends were there. What always impresses me is the work behind the scenes by the Methodist women. They had cobbler and ice cream and punch plus decorations. Amazing.

My wasp sting is almost completely healed. I ought to be able to sleep on my left side tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home