Saturday, August 08, 2009

SATURDAY WORKDAY

This morning Mark and I walked up the hill to check the water storage tank. I expected it to be empty after running the water from the tank into the pond all night. But it was almost full, but not running over. The valve here at the house that is supposed to keep water from going to the tank must be leaking. That is why my water pump cut off yesterday morning, but it has worked OK since. I walked to the mailbox with Dottie to meet the mailman with his two dogs to greet Dottie. I got a short nap then we went to Abilene and ate at Szechuan, a new Chinese restaurant. Mark read the kangi and the name means four rivers. Then they took me to Sams. I should never go to Sams. I don't know that I really need 32 rolls of toilet paper, but I did need the new laser mouse to go with this laptop and let me type without loosing everything because my hands hit the key pad and delete everything. It is now disabled. I also ended up with a couple of new pillows and of course some dark chocolate and fancy mixed nuts.

We then stopped at Walmart and bought some different gels to treat my itching ear that the wasp stung. The work didn't stop. Mark and I filled both deer feeders to the top and with enough corn on the ground that the raccoons will not need to open the lids to get more. The weather news says there is a slight chance of rain next Wednesday and Thursday. 20% chance means there is 80% chance it won't rain, but that is pessimistic. I am seeing a lot of deer and the fox are having a lot of fun in the back yard. They even came out when Dottie was in the front yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home