Saturday, August 08, 2009

WASP ONE ME ZERO

Last night on our way to church for the fish fry a red wasp attacked my right ear under my hat and I slapped him off, knocking off my hearing aid and glasses. I grabbed my glasses, went back to the house and put some ointment on the ear. We started to church and I realized I didn't have the hearing aid so we drove back and searched. It is the same color as the ground but both Mark and MK saw it at the same time. Thank goodness. It costs $495 to replace one the first time. The second time is full price. My ear hurt for a while and then the itching took over, but I slept fairly well although normally I sleep on my right side and had to avoid that because of the ear.

We had a great turnout for the fish fry to raise money to build a storage shed for the church riding lawn mower and landscaping tools. I bet we did well. Ike and Sue came and met our pastor who lives across the street from them. We even had some Baptist friends come eat with us. After the meal we watched a Christian movie Taming the Giants about a church school football team in Alabama that defeats a much larger team for the state championship.

This morning Mark and I walked up the hill to check out the water tank. Even after running all night in the pond the tank was still full of water, which means my valve in the back yard is leaking and letting the pump keep it full. The fox pups are having a ball. They still love to run together and run up the cottonwood tree and back down. They were even out this morning with Dottie in the front yard. Dottie got a bath because when she went with Mark and me up the hill she rolled in some animal poop. We are planning to run into Abilene to look around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home