Saturday, August 01, 2009

A TIME FOR BOOKS

Thursday, Friday and Saturday I am spending the night with my brother-in-law, Ike Neal, while Sue attends the annual Mary Kay meeting in Dallas with all of the pink Cadillacs. Ike likes to read so I took a book that I had started. The Dark Voyage of the Mittie Stephens is a Johnny Boggs book that was an award winner and it is a story of gamblers, plantation owners and others who for various reasons are taking this side wheeler steam ship from New Orleans to Jefferson, Texas. I may get it finished tonight although I am taking my SS books to study also. It rained a little shower in Cross Plains last evening but none recorded out here on the hill. There is a little storm on the radar right now that looks like it might head this way if it doesn't fall apart.

I got my column written and focussed on my computer hearing aids. And how a good looking audiologist can sell you anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home