Thursday, June 04, 2009

WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY

Wednesday morning I measured the rain from Tuesday's storms. Had 1.5" which helped a lot. The mail brought another gift in Lou's memory and I am proud of my ability to write thank yous. As I have said I have written more handwritten notes this year than I did for the past 40 years. I also loaded the computer with my oral history disk that I need to transcribe of Zora Mae Bryant and Lois Garrett. Didn't get very far because the audio software by Windows wasn't very friendly to stop and back up. I may have to find another player. In the afternoon I wrote my LW column. A record early one.

This morning I set the alarm to awake at 5:45 so that I could get to the 6:30 Methodist Men's meeting. I got there in time for the devotional and prayer this time. They are looking forward to our new minister joining them soon. I came home and worked for a while on my computer and found that my checking account earned over $15 in interest that made me happy. On the way to get the mail I took the pickup and stopped to trim the tree limbs growing into the road. I then trimmed more limbs to get down the old highway to my brush pile. When I got back I got on the Ford tractor and mowed down the old highway along the front fence, the area around the Halsell House and the cross fence.

For lunch I had the foccacia sandwich I bought Monday and it was pretty good. I added my spinach with some cantalope for salad and had to have a little Blue Bell ice cream for dessert. I didn't get done a lot of the projects I need to do. I always eat some nuts with a small glass of wine. I always have some fruit. I bought cherries this week. I eat a couple of small pieces of dark chocolate and finish with an apple. I throw the apple core out in the front yard thinking the deer would like it, but I watched a deer the other day that paid no attention to it. Tonight I saw the fox walk into the front yard and watched him grab the apple core. So at least the raccoons aren't eating it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home