Thursday, May 21, 2009

THURSDAY ON THE KEYBOARD

I did start the day early, but not early enough. I woke at 6:15 dressed hurriedly and drove to Jean's for the Methodist Men's Prayer breakfast. I got to eat breakfast with them but I missed the devotional and prayer session. It has been years since I had attended and they used to eat breakfast first and then have the prayers lifted up so that late comers like me could participate.

The rest of the day I only got up from the keyboard to walk to the mailbox. The mail hadn't run so I walked another quarter of a mile up the highway and started back when Bobby took my card and handed me the mail package. I got back to my office and spent the morning writing up the Administrative Council minutes, getting in the email before noon to ask for corrections by the Council.

After a nuked lunch and a short nap I returned to the office to print up the next Howard Cowboy story column. It was fast by being able to cut and paste from the files that Rusty Burke supplied me.

I then went back to wrestling with the Flame, the church newsletter. I worked on it some more upstairs and again back here before the TV. I tried to watch THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN but after an hour or so I had to go back to CSPAN and reality.

I also am bamboozzled by blogs. I tried to post ten photos to the church blog and after loading them and seeing them in the blog the photos just disappear. But when I want to remove one I can't. I have a lot to learn about blogs.

Wildlife report. The flock of finch that looked like small sparrows are gone but the lesser goldfinch have shown up and they add a lot of color to the feeders. I am still debating spending $20 to buy a electric fence box to shock the squirrels that are destroying my metal bird feeder. I can plug one that I looked at into the well house and bring the wires out and connect them to the wire roost and the box and I think get their attention. I sure wanted to zap one today and yesterday.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles, you're as busy at your keyboard as though you hadn't retired. I'm impressed!
Squirrels are a pain, aren't they? I finally have a bird feeder they can't get at but the birds dont seem much interested in it either. One year I had rats at my bird feeder--and then a whole family in my attic. That was not a good experience!
Thinking of you!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home