Sunday, May 31, 2009

PARTY WEEKEND

I started Saturday with a great bacon omelet using Mary Kathryn's leftover bacon but got the skillet just right. I added one of MK's biscuits and the last one of her muffins to make it a perfect breakfast. I walked to the mailbox, and was glad to see that my Livestock Weekly had 5 Thursdays therefore I made $100 for the month. That is my walking around money. I goofed off until 2 when I drove to Stephenville to start the party routine.

First we had Taylor Levisay's graduation party with Kent's family. Like Whitt's party last year we had chopped BBQ, potato salad, beans and banana pudding for dessert. Of course we started with all of the goodies like Kathy's roll-ups, mixed nuts that I like with all kinds of chips and dips. I went to the Best Western and napped. We went to the Tarleton State's stadium for Commencement services. We sat right in front but it was hot in the sun. As the event got started between the Salutatorian and Valdictorian's speeches a woman fainted on the front row and everything stopped while an ambulance came to take her for a checkup. By then the sun went down and it was more pleasant, but three hours on an aluminum seat was not very flexible. Taylor's special gift from his family was a 9mm pistol. His father is big in law enforcement and works a weekend a month in Hamilton as a volunteer.

After we returned to Livesay's to celebrate Amanda Taylor's 50th birthday June 4 but she had to get back to Dallas so Sue and Mary K broke out the black table cloth with appropriate paper plates. Mary K's birthday chocolate cake had candles saying 50 and holding. She had a problem blowing out all the candles so we gave her a hard time about turning 50.

I slept well even after all that food and this morning we ate breakfast at the motel. I got my cereal and banana and then saw the eggs, biscuits with sausage and gravy, so I ate two breakfasts this morning. Then at 11 we drove to the City Park for another party. This was a welcome home party for Louann coming back from her Alaska adventure. She has finally decided to stay home for a while. Again more good food and this time a strawberry cake from MK.

I left about 12:15 and drove home. Watched the Rangers lose but they scared the Athletics in the ninth. The weatherman is showing showers developing all around with the humidity at only 26 percent.

I called my brother Robert to see if he was going to be home June 21. He is so Kathy and I will drive from WWA in Oklahoma City to Antlers on our way back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home