Tuesday, May 19, 2009

TUESDAY IS KIWANIS

As well as a hundred other things. A beautiful day and I think my finch have left but a new purple finch with a very red breast showed up. It is about time for them to come in. I enjoyed the walk to get the mail with nothing important in letters. I read the papers and got three magazines. And of course Newsweek cover is Obama on Obama. I can't remember an issue that didn't feature his photo.

While Lydia took care of cleaning the house I went in early and spent an hour helping Sue learn how to access her email. She had over 300 emails that have accumulated since early in April. I helped show her how to shut down Vista so that when she turns it on it returns to the screen she was working on. Of course the first time we tried that it had to upload a windows update and that makes it go back to square one. The next time we tried it it worked OK. I was a little late for Kiwanis where I learned why the Bank is building houses when they are prevented from such activity by the bank examiners. They had to form a not-for-profit corporation owned by the bank to do this. They are building nice houses one at a time on lots that were devestated by the fires to improve the look of CP as you drive into town from the North. Their first home is under construction and the story in the CP Review brought an inquiry from a former resident who wants to move back to town. Shows the power of stories in the Review.

And speaking of stories in the Review, I was delighted to hear from Rusty Burke who offered to send me Howard's stories in Word format so that I don't have to copy from a book which is a real pain for me. Thanks Rusty!

I am also getting a lot of stories for the church newsletter that I edit and I have that to put together. Kathy called tonight. They got Valerie on her way to the wedding in San Diego and they are packing their bags for an early morning flight Thursday for their anniversary celebration while going to Kayla's wedding. Today was Keith's birthday that they celebrated yesterday, but he responded to my ecard today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home