Wednesday, May 27, 2009

MIDWEEK UPDATE

I was going to post last night but a thunderstorm came through and two short power outages messed up my internet satellite connection so I waited until today to write. Today after a breakfast of blueberry pancakes shared with the fox, I drove to the Admiral Cemetery to pick up all of the flower stands and old flower stems lying on the grave. It looks a lot better. There are a couple of easter lilies in pots on the Halsell graves that I have to pick up because they get blown over.

Tuesday I stopped to help Sue manage her email on the way to Kiwanis. The Kiwanis program was a comic presentation by a woman from San Angelo who was billed as a singer. She turned on the boom box and lip-synced to Reba singing I've got *** by she's got you. Each time she sang I've got something she reached into the bosom of her dress and pulled out something to throw on the floor. She started with a photo, then two 45 rpm disks, then all kinds of hardware. She had a hammer, large screwdriver, two pipe wrenches, hacksaw, other hardware and for a finale pulled a six foot fishing rod and reel out. Looked like a magician's show.

The mail Tuesday brought Sunday and Monday papers and my guest column ran in the Sunday Abilene Reporter-News. As of today noone has mentioned it although there was a letter to the editor commenting on it in Wednesday paper. As I suspected either very few people read the newspaper or they didn't want to comment to me.

Monday I did the laundry that I ironed Tuesday. I also goofed off on Memorial Day but did order a flag to put out next Memorial day. My New Balance shoe came apart at the sole when I was helping Mark Sunday so I ordered two pairs of new shoes.

I am eating the food that Mary Kathryn left for me. I also bought an avocado that I added along with my spinach to her chicken on rice with tomato sauce. Plus I gilded the lily by eating some Blue Bell ice cream, not frozen yogurt, for lunch with one of MK's brownies. This is really getting mundane. I should be discussing books but Conley's book that I am reading is really not for public consumption unless you like raw westerns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home