Tuesday, June 02, 2009

RAIN FINALLY

With a little hail but no bad wind. Looks like we got over an inch of rain in about 30 minutes. More storm is on the radar and headed this way, but it is dying down from earlier as it rains out and the sun goes down. I haven't lost electricity so I feel lucky. The satellite TV went off for about 30 min but is back now and I can watch the Rangers at NY. A local TV station went off the air. They were complaining about getting lightning strikes close by and may have lost their antenna.

This morning Lydia came and I sharpened my hoe and worked for almost an hour digging grass burrs that have popped up in the one patch of green grass over the septic drain line. I went to Cross Plains for Kiwanis and mailed my WWA reservations. Jim Senkel, former Methodist pastor who came here in time to have the fires destroy his belongings in the parsonage and the church and then go through the construction project but left about the time we completed the parsonage. He had been active in Kiwanis and arranged for the carnival to come as a Kiwanis project one year. The weather was cold and attendance didn't measure up so they elected not to come the next year. He said he is now pastoring a small church at Brad because he wanted to move back to his home in Graham and look after his ole oil business that he sold.

When I got home I napped till 3 and then mowed with the riding mower all around the house. The cloud came in from the north as I finished but didn't start raining until 6.

Nelson Cruz just hit a home run to give the Rangers a 3-2 lead. His father is in the crowd and showed his elation with his son. I appreciate a good electrical system that lets me watch TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home