Friday, May 29, 2009

END OF THE WORK WEEK

I have been busy all week. Got caught up with most everything today. I always wait till the last minute but I got my Livestock Weekly column written today until waiting till Sunday like I have been doing. I had a topic to talk about with Obama naming a cyber czar today. So I discussed that. With my word processor acting up. You know how it marks words with a red underline if they are spelled wrong. Turns out my spell checker is stuck on German in place of English so most of the words are spelled wrong. Really exasperating, but typical computer frustration. Today I took another Howard excerpt column to Vanda at the Review office and she said that Paul Herman, Dallas lawyer who works with REHUPA said he was emailing all of the members to subscribe and she has already gotten two subscriptions. I told her that more people would buy the paper if she ran the serial. I also returned the floral stands to Tim Dillard to recycle. He is working on graduation floral requirements today. He finally had time to check his tickets and couldn't find a gift that the Weisepape's said they had sent. I went by Lawrence to buy more bird food and picked up six more tomatoes to replace the one that I thought had died. When I went to add a new one I noticed the old plant is putting out new leaves and may live. But it sure looked dead. I only needed the one but planted the others around. If they all live I may get a few tomatoes one of these days. If the rains keep coming although I water the ones up by the house.

My paper didn't come today so Vanda gave me a paper and one to give to Ella Bullard. When I got to the grocery store Ella was shopping so I gave her the paper then. She lost her husband about a year ago.

More notices of gifts are coming in so I am really proud of myself for handwriting thank you notes. I have written more handwritten letters in the last month than I did in the last 30 years.

Yesterday I pulled weeds in my little front yard flower bed and last night I was eaten up with chiggers. I put OFF on my shoes and lower legs but didn't think about my hands and arms. I have chiggers on my right and left upper torso near my arms. Plus the other places lower. I am alergic to those little devils.

On the wildlife front yesterday walking to the mail I thought I heard a couple of rain crows and last night we got a shower, gusty winds with a power outage for several minutes but less than one tenth of rain. I have a yearling deer that I presume is a doe that comes up by herself and is trying to get friendly. She doesn't run when I come out of the house to walk to the mail and watches me. When I came back she was by the pond and when I got too close she ran off. I got a video of some people feeding a whole herd of deer at their breakfast table outside and this one would probably come up to eat. She watches me work the self feeder, but I haven't seen her try it yet. The fox come around to the front yard in the afternoon. I don't know what they are looking for but they may be looking at the peaches getting larger. I have seen them in the past climb the peach tree to get peaches. The finch have left but one or two goldfinch have moved in. I put new food in the hummingbird feeders.

My reading has been limited to magazines and newspapers but I am about to finish Conley's NO NEED FOR A GUNFIGHTER. It is only recommended to old men who like raw westerns.

This weekend will be a family reunion in Stephenville to celebrate Sue's grandsonTaylor Livesay graduating from high school. Last year we all got together for his older brother's graduation. Most of my family and Sue's family will be there. Sunday Sue wants to help celebrate Louann's homecoming from Alaska and Amanda's 50th birthday with another party, so I am partying all weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home