Sunday, May 24, 2009

CHURCH AND RAIN

After a great breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits and special muffins by Mary Kathryn I went to church and taught SS. The preacher was gone today and I taught Psalms 22. A lot of people were missing to day. Mark and MK came to church. James Dixon a retiree who is still in the process of selling his home in Waxihache (SP?) gave a great service. He is a West Point graduate so the prayer was the West Point prayer. He had a computer presentation of a memorial service that was excellent. And we got out early. During Joys and Concerns I expressed my joy that Mark and Mary Kathryn were celebrating their anniversary, not in Boston with their daughter or in San Diego with his sister but in Cross Plains. That got some applause.

Mark and MK came in the rain and it rained in CP during the service. We had about .5" during the night but it wasn't raining when we got back from church. MK made a special dinner of chicken breasts roasted in spices on a bed of rice with a tomato sauce and showed us a magazine photo of how to prepare it on our plate. While she was cooking Mark and I filled the deer feeder and hooked up shredder/mower to the Ford tractor.

Ike and Sue joined us and Sue picked out some more books for Ike to read. Just after everyone left the clouds thickened up with a lot of thunder but just a little rain. Mark said that they drove through a downpour in Eastland County. I always rains more just across the county line.

I wrote a thankyou to Patrick Vick and his wife who gave a contribution to M. D. Anderson in Lou's memory. I also wrote a long note to Mollie Mead in Hawaii and hope that she will contact me by email. She had written May 5 and I am just now answering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home