Wednesday, May 20, 2009

WEDNESDAY LASTED ALL DAY

I got home at 9:30 after being asked to return as secretary for the FUMC Administrative Council. I went in early at Sue's request to pick up books that Ike had read. Sue has a bird nest in the middle of the wreath on her front door and it has four little blue eggs. The birds come back to sit on the eggs when we aren't opening the door. I wasn't sure what kind of birds they are because I didn't see them but from Sue's description they may be purple finch. Most of the finch are gone from my back yard and I only have chickadees, tufted titmouse, cardinals, red-wing blackbirds and the usual doves and jays. Scrub jays, Mexican jays and blue jays.

I spent the morning printing my guest column to send to the Abilene Reporter-News. I walked mail it but the mail had come. I waited for a couple of minutes and caught Bobby Curtis coming back. He picked up the letter and reported that he is now taking radiation treatments every week day for his prostate cancer and will for six weeks. He says he has no side effects.

No important mail other than the letter saying my credit card has been compromised by a third party and will be replaced. I still can't see it on line to see if any spurious charges are being made to it. Gives me fodder for my LW column. I then worked with the equipment. I put the wheel back on, filled the portable air tank to air up one of the front tires. I used my pickup to move the trailer that Mark had moved in front of the shredder-mower. I took the box blade off of the Ford tractor and moved it to the mower but didn't get it hooked up.

This afternoon I spent a lot of time working on the church newsletter. Still have a long way to go. Everyone wants a photo with their article, but I try to limit photos because of the large size to email. Some with phone connections can't read a large newsletter.

I still haven't worked on the next Howard column for the Review, need to finish the Flame, write the AC minutes and my column for the Livestock Weekly. So I should be busy for the rest of the week.

Kathy and Keith leave early tomorrow morning for San Diego and Ashley is in Boston taking her Child Life certification test tomorrow. Pray for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home