Sunday, June 14, 2009

SATURDAY SUNSET BBQ

Saturday I worked at the Library for the lunch relief and got to meet a lot more Howard fans. I even sold some of the copies of Howard's original typescripts that are the major collection of the Library. It was really hot, 97, snd I came home for a nap and to write a LW column. I went to the Sunset BBQ held out at the Caddo Peaks Ranch west of town and the setting is fantastic for viewing a sunset. I had checked the radar before leaving and a thunderstorm developed over Sweetwater and the clouds were blowing this way. That cooled off the air and the breeze made the BBQ very comfortable. We held the first REH BBQ at Halsell Hill but it is not a good place to view a sunset because Halsell Hill gets in the way.

While we waited for the BBQ to cook, Mark Finn read his short story creation emulating Howard's style of writing and it was a great contribution to the literature. He wrote about one of the boxers who fought for money and traveled with a vaudeville group demonstrating their strength.

This morning I really enjoyed teaching the first three chapters of Genesis and sharing some of my scientific understanding of the story. Didn't have too many people there so I may be running them off with my passionate defense of creation science approach. I do think I advanced the understanding of why the author stated that God said let there be light before He created the earth and sun. I argue that the term light refers to the fact that light is rotating electromagnetic energy and that all matter is composed of that energy. So it had to precede everything else. Today I have looked at population dynamics and have posted that to my other blog; creationcorner-charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home