Friday, June 05, 2009

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GERMANY'S DEATH CAMPS

My literary contribution for today:

Every time I see a Christian president visiting the Nazi death camps I want to quote from an excellent book I read many years ago by a Jewish historian, Max Dimont. Published in 1962 after 6 years of research his book has sold over 2 million copies.

Chapter 28 is labeled THE BROWN-SHIRTED CHRIST KILLERS and the second paragraph reads:

"From that first day in power to that April day in 1945 when, with Berlin ablaze, Hitler shot himself through the mouth, the Germans exterminated with systematized murder 12 million men, women, and children, in concentration camps, by firing squads and in gas chambers. Of these 12 million victims, 7 million were Christians and 5 million were Jews*--1.4 Christians for every Jew. But because the Nazis shouted "Kill the Jews," the world blinded itself to the murder of Christians."

*The figure usually quoted for the number of Jews murdered by the Nazis is 6,000,000, but facts tend to support a figure of 5,000,000. .....Today the highest estimate is 5,600,000, the lowest 4,200,000....
Several different sources are cited in the extensive note.

There are no museums commemorating the Christians who were slaughtered by the Nazis and it is never mentioned in visits to the concentration camps.

I walked to the mailbox twice once to post 3 letters and when I retrieved the mail two of the letters were in the box. So I decided I needed to go to town to buy some more stamps and mail the important letters I wanted to get out today. One was the signed contract for Lou's files and books to be transferred to TWU. The other was a letter to Coline in France to celebrate her upcoming birthday and graduation from high school. I printed up 3 issues of the Howard cowboy story to take to Vanda at the Review. I also went to the bank to get my name on the Robert E. Howard dinner list. I had read in the Review that today was the last day to make reservations.

This afternoon I mailed my letter to the Council of Bishops of the Methodist church and also got a letter to the editor published in the online United Methodist Reporter. You don't have to wait for the mail but can get it done in a few minutes on the net. Here's a link to it: http://www.umportal.org/letter.asp?id=1579.

I filled both deer feeders and somehow shorted out the battery in the automatic feeder. I opened the door after filling with corn and lifting it up. Has trouble getting it tied off by myself. I opened the door to check the time and the battery was smoking and melting where the two clips had gotten together and shorted it out. So I am charging the other battery.

I should have moved the camera to the pond. This morning there were no water lilies left in the pond. Just some root debris. One or two small leaves, but it doesn't look good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home