Monday, May 18, 2009

BUSY MONDAY

Started with the laundry, walked to get the mail, drove to Cross Plains and got my riding lawn mower tire filled with sealant. Took my copy of the Robert E. Howard cowboy story to the Review office and they think they can cut and paste it directly into the paper. I was pleased. It was noon time so I decided to eat at the Senior Citizens Center because they have been asking for more people to come at noon. I expected to see a lot more than were there. I think they take more through the Meals on Wheels service than eat at the Center. But I enjoyed visiting with them. My neighbor, Amber Thomas is the director of the Center and she was glad to see me.

I bought bird feed and deer corn and groceries. My deer feeder was out of corn so I filled it about half full, which is about all I can lift by myself. Even then I let the rope slip and don't have it as high as I would like. I may try again to raise it later.

I got notice of three more gifts given to the Library in Lou's memory so I wrote the thank yous. The Library has been able to operate this last month due to the gifts. Later this week I will join Judy Luter, President of the Library Board in presenting the Lou Rodenberger award for the best essays by the High School students.

Mark went through his annual physical where he has an endoscopy. It is a hard procedure that requires anaesthesia and he has to wait for biopsies. He has done it every year since he had an operation to put a valve in the top of his stomach. All of his life he thought everyone had reflux because he always did. He and Mary Kathryn agreed to celebrate their anniversary by having dinner at the WASP museum in Sweetwater with me on Saturday. This is the WASP Homecoming 2009. TWU has a big display of the WASPs at the Library with a bronze statue of a woman pilot with her parachute pack. Since I trained to be a parachute packer in WWII, I can feel a relationship to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home