Sunday, May 17, 2009

BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

Today was a perfect day. Kathy, Keith and Vanessa continued their journey to store Ness' furniture in College Station and I went to SS and church. We had two visitors in SS from Lovington, NM who know Jim and Mary Harris and remembered me asking about them the last time they visited. I didn't get their names but the woman is Maxine Kellar's sister. Her husband was from a town in western Okla that I hadn't heard of. I told him I was from Indian Territory and he said he had worked in Atoka, Reba McIntyre's home town.

We had a good crowd in church. It was senior graduates recognition and families came with them. Also the Byerlys came for a last time. They have moved to Breckenridge where Tim is Ranch Manager of the Veale Ranches, LLC and the Veale Land and Cattle Co. He said that they are breeding Charolais to Angus to get grey cattle. And they sell very well. I asked him if they bred for tenderness and he just smiled. We had the monthly potluck meal and the Byerlys were showered by gift of plants for their yard that needs decorating. My contribution was a tomato plant, an Easter Lily and some of my mint. Don't know if they use mint in their tea.

The church had completed the cleanup Saturday. I had an email saying if it rained that they would reschedule work day and didn't go in. It was rainy and everyone got muddy but it was a perfect day to burn the piles of wood that had been stacked up. As you know Cross Plains is worried about any fires being lit in town, but with the drizzle it worked out great.

This afternoon I completed a first installment of one of REH's cowboy stories. It will take several issues to complete one story. We will see. Kathy reported that they got back to San Antonio safely. Mark called and said he and Mary Kathyn will join me in going to the WASP BBQ dinner in Sweetwater on May 23 which is also their anniversary. We might go out somewhere and celebrate after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home