Sunday, April 26, 2009

WAITING FOR THE STORM

Rex Gaggino called and said that they are under a Tornado watch but haven't seen a drop of water. We are under a tornado watch and the radar shows a shower but it hasn't rained a drop here either. I told Rex to pray harder and he said he was doing an Indian rain dance along with praying.

Kathy and I went to SS and church this morning. At SS we got to listen to a real teacher. Rev. Dr. Woody is teaching my class and started on Galatians today. I related to the first few verses where Paul complains about the church teaching a false gospel. I consider evolution to be the current false gospel being taught. I told the Bishop I was going to share my passion with him and sent an email on the subject today. We got out of church very early and I took Kathy to eat the buffet at Mexico City restaurant. We were home by 12:30 and Kathy got on the road a little after 1.

I finished glueing the envelopes and stamping the Canada address so I am ready to mail a big stack of thank-you's.

I got bad news at church. H. D. Weaver's new wife lived in Henrietta and told me the local newspaper had the story that Bill Glassford died last week. He was married to Jodie who was Lou's roommate in an apartment when we got married in Levelland. Bill and Jodie later married. He worked on the newspaper in Levelland and Morton and then bought the Henrietta paper where they retired. He remained active in the Methodist church. There were 5 or 6 couples in our Levelland SS class who got married in '49. I wrote a note to Jodie in mutual sympathy.

I got my column written and my email to the Bishop so I have had a productive day. I woke up at 4 this morning and kept writing things in my head so I was glad to get some of it done.

See what all of your prayers are doing for me. Keeping me going and in good shape. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home