Friday, April 24, 2009

FRIDAY EVENTS

The mail brought a couple of insurance change of beneficiary forms and it was a strange feeling to come to the box that said married or single and after 59 years of answering married I had to put single. There is a lot of paper work to this part of the business. I also wrote the Texas Commission on Ethics to request not having to fill out the form required for the regents (or any appointed officer of the state) that requires a lot of work because I had to list all the companies we owned stock in and all of the offices I held and is a pain to fill out.

This afternoon I took items to the Library garage sale scheduled for tomorrow, mailed letters and changed the checking account and cashed my Taylor Electric checks. I came back home to change in to my Sunday go to meeting suit to go to the Lay dinner for the Brownwood Conference in Comanche. Jane Bonner drove the preacher John Woody, Patsy Harelik and me. The speaker was our new Bishop Mike Lowry. I introduced myself to him as the grandfather of Valerie Wilcox who was in his church in San Antonio and he remembered her. Speaking of Valerie, she was given a surprise flight to San Diego to attend a bachelorette party by Kayla who is getting married. She will fly out again May 22 to be a bridesmaid. Kayla reads the blog so I need to mention her.

Kathy and I got to the house about the same time. She spent her Fiesta holiday from school catching up on some of her work at home before driving to Halsell Hill.

Wildlife update: I saw one turkey wander through the yard. But I have decided that we won't have any barn swallows this year. We have had them every year we have been here but last year there were some at the Halsell house but this year there are none. I miss them even though they make a mess nesting on the outside flood lights and under the eaves. We used to watch the young hang on the side of the nests before they got the courage to make that first flight. The hummingbirds are back as are the redwing blackbirds. I haven't seen a cowbird yet. And I haven't gotten a chance to take a shot at the feral hog. Kathy just reported that the skunks and raccoons are fussing at each other out back. I can't hear them but she always does when she is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMR said...

Yipee!!! I'm famous!

Kayla

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home