Thursday, April 23, 2009






BUSY THURSDAY


First I want to post an email and photos from Ashley about Muster Tuesday:



Softly Call the Muster...

This last Tuesday, Ross and I attended Muster in Fort Worth to honor Grandmother. Here are a few photos from that time. We saw Melissa, Larry and Nicole Lebahn and met some of Aunt Kathy's old drill team friends. It was a precious blessing and honor to answer "here" proudly for Grandmother. I think that it would be a blessing to submit her name to the College Station Muster list next year and attend as a family. We love you guys!

Love,

Ross and Ashley











I also got an email from Charley Korbell that they attended the Junction Muster where they lit a candle and answered here for Lou.


I started the day with French toast after getting up at 6. (I still haven't settled down on a getting up time like I was used to.) I met the mail to get the death certificates and they came. Ann Curtis was delivering the mail and told me the second opinion by a Dallas doctor confirmed that her husband Bobby should treat his newly developing prostate cancer with radiation as was the first opinion. It is good to have confirming oncology opinions.


I then headed for the Taylor Electric Coop Annual meeting. It was their 70th anniversary and over 1000 were there. Because I had other business and it was crowded, I picked up my two checks and saved them 84 cents postage, picked up the goody bag and had some good stuff. I then went to Chase bank to change that account, then to Merrill-Lynch to roll over Lou's IRA to mine and set up a new cash account because the old one was in her name.


I then went to Office Max to buy ink jets to prepare for printing the Flame this weekend and realized that I was near AT&T so I stopped to cancel Lou's cell phone and he recommended I change to a Senior account with 200 minutes since I had never used more than 100 in a month. It is less than half the family plan we were under and because I won't have Lou's income I need to cut back like that.


I then got my Chinese food fix at China Kitchen who still only charge $4.88 plus 80 cents for tea. Best bargain in town and good food. I recycled at HEB and drove to Social Security where they set me up for a telephone interview Monday. I drove to Baird but Judge Corn was going to school for county judges in Abilene and will have to wait until next week to probate the will.


I looked at my wildlife camera chip and old black feral hog is back in the picture. I watched for him as it got dark but he didn't show up for me to get another shot at him. I am surprised that he doesn't bring family with him.


Today I got a sympathy card from my secretary back in 1978 when I worked in the Dean of Engineering office at A&M. It has been about 30 years and one blessing of the funeral notice is hearing from old friends.


Thank all of you for your prayers and kindnesses.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home