Friday, April 17, 2009

MK IS COOK CHILDREN'S VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR


She was honored last night as the Volunteer of the year for Helping Hands with less than five years and another award for serving 1000 hours as a volunteer. The affair was held at the Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth with a Hawaiian theme. MK had an orchid lei flown in from Hawaii. Mark wore a Hawaiian shirt but I wore my best suit and bolo. I also wore my $95 shirt that MK gave me. She paid $12.50 for it and during the award ceremony was touted as buying things for Cook for a dollar that everyone else paid $10 for. I took Lou's 80th Anniversary quilt that MK made and they showed it during the presentation. John and Brenda and Ashley and Ross were guests at her table along with me and her mother and Mark.


Mark just sent me sunrise photos that he took the morning of Lou's funeral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home