Sunday, April 19, 2009

FULL WEEKEND

I continue to get great support from my family. Kathy and her daughter Val came with their long time friend Carol Thormer Friday night. So I had a great breakfast Saturday morning and am gaining weight from all of this great food that is coming in. I wanted to take the crippled laptop with the new hard drive that wouldn't boot back to Best Buy. Before I left I found a XP disk. I asked BB if they would boot the hard disk. They said they would charge $130 to do that. I asked if the XP disk would boot it and they said it would.

So we wandered through Books a Million and I told myself that I didn't need any books until I read the ones I have, but I found a new paperback by Robert Conley in the Westerns and stumbled across a book called 23 MINUTES IN HELL by Bill Wiese. I have been interested in Life after Life stories since reading that book when it came out years ago as well as the follow up book REFLECTIONS ON LIFE AFTER LIFE that had near death stories about people who didn't believe in God and found themselves in the outer darkness area and didn't go to the light described by those who do believe. Those stories helped me realize that Lou is in a much better place than with her pain here.

Of course Conley's book will be a relaxing book about a crude sheriff. When we left the mall we drove to Doug Hodel's photography studio in Burro Alley. He was there and showed us the great photos that he has taken. He is a good friend of Louann who has shared her photos from Alaska and called him while we were there.

We then had lunch at Olive Garden which is a favorite restaurant of Valerie and I hadn't celebrated her 30th birthday with her. We then went to Pets Mart where I bought another 10 koi and added 10 12 cent goldfish to feed the Great Blue Heron in my pond. The mail brought some enzymes to treat the algae in the pond. After the 1.2" of rain the pond was more full but far from running over.

This morning Val went to SS with me. The teacher was on vacation so we had a conversation about all sorts of things. I got blessed out for not posting to the blog yesterday so I am putting off my reading to post tonight.

Kathy had started working on the thank you notes to the many, many people that have given flowers and attended the funeral and then this afternoon when I went to the Library to celebrate all the volunteers I got a large envelope with records of all the gifts that have come in to the Library in memory of Lou. The FUMC treasurer said they have had a lot of memorial gifts but I don't have those names to thank yet. I do appreciate all of the outpouring of love for Lou and will get responses out someday. I am also recieving a lot of cards here. I thank all of you for your love and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home