Monday, April 20, 2009

MORE ACCOLADES FOR LOU

One of the greatest recognitions that Lou has received was reported to me in a letter from Ann Stuart that the Woman's Collection in the TWU Library will be named in her memory. A plaque will identify Lou and her career accomplishments will be prepared for permanent display on the second floor of the Library near the Collection. They will also prepare a display case which will have a permanent, rotating exhibit of her work.

I reported earlier that the Cross Plains Library is naming the writer's award given each year to the best stories written by CP students the Lou Rodenberger Award. She judged this contest for the first eight years and as the board stated she set the high standards for the contest.

I will miss the Aggie Muster in Fort Worth but Ashley and Ross will attend because they will read Lou's name during the ceremony and Ashley can answer for her.

Here at Halsell Hill the weather is beautiful and I reset the wildlife camera after I found the deer feeder had a bent flange on the rotating feeder that stopped it from rotating. It has to be a raccoon messing with it, but I haven't gotten one on camera.

I am working on writing thank yous but have a long way to go. The contributions in Lou's memory are building up in all of the many venues that she supported. I am working on the gifts to the CP Library right now. I appreciate all the cards and emails in support of me. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles,
You're absolutely right--naming the collection at Texas Women's after Lou is a tremendous--and well deserved--honor. I know she's looking down on all of us and enjoying this great recognition.

I think of you often. Sounds like you're carrying on well, and I'm glad. I know it must be hard, after caretaking consumed your every minute. Now you must take care of yourself.

Judy

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home