Wednesday, April 15, 2009

APRIL 15 TAX DAY

Although it seemed like six months I realized today that Lou was placed in hospice March 9 and died on April 9, one month. My prayer for her was that she be totally healed or if that was not God's will that she not suffer long and I feel that my prayers were answered.

I wish I knew how to copy a PDF document into the blog. Today I got the proposed notice on the award by TT Univ Press on The Lou Halsell Rodenberger Book Prize. It has the language I quoted before.

I continue to get emails and today had about 12 sympathy cards from friends everywhere. When I walked to get the mail this morning I stopped at the front gate to replace a fallen blue bird box and this big SUV drove right past me without seeing me. I saw that it was Carol Bennett driving. So as I walked toward the house here she comes with Wallace. She stops and hands me a big plastic container of turkey soup that she had made this morning and they had to go to a knee doctor's appointment in Abilene so they stopped by.

I decided to make a recylcing run to the WalMart stop in Abilene and I had a trunk full of everything. I took the opportunity to buy fish food although I haven't seen a fish for months. I know that they are still some under there that will be breeding and replenishing the pond soon. The aggravating raccoons were on the front porch about 2 a.m. messing with the lily plant and banging buckets. But I got a pretty good night's sleep.

I have spent a few hours cutting and pasting emails into one document to give to the family. I now have to edit all the stuff that gets picked up in the formatting. I notice the blog has an icon that removes all formatting from an entry. I need that for the document. Tonight I got to see both the Texas Rangers and Dallas Mavericks win games, unless the Rangers blow a 15-4 lead in the 7th. Tomorrow I will spend the night at Mark's house to attend the Cook Children's Volunteer Dinner where Mary Kathryn will be recognized for her work.

I appreciate being in everyone's prayers, but I am doing very well. Just adjusting to a new routine. With Lou the last four weeks every day was a different routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home