Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER RESURRECTION

Easter this year was doubly meaningful to me because on Maundy Thursday Lou went to be with her risen savior and we celebrated Christ's resurrection today. He went before her so that she would not have to wait three days as He did. There may be some theologians that will refute my argument, but I stand by my thinking.

Later I will provide more information and try to add some of the many, many responses that have been sent both to Lou's and my email. She helped and encouraged so many people that were her students and acquaintances and never dissed any of her colleagues. Her teaching colleague Rev. Dr. Bob Monk did a great job with the funeral service but he had to follow talks by grandkids Ashley Pagenkopf and Jim Wilcox who related family stories. Rev. Monk related McMurry stories. The ourpouring of love from the Methodist church members, relatives and friends who came from all over Texas and Oklahoma was overpowering.

I debated whether to continue the blog but right now I will continue it for a while.

Again thank all of you for your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home