Tuesday, November 03, 2009



BUSY TUESDAY
Yesterday I finished the day by completing my ironing which should be a Tuesday task. When I walked this morning I decided it was time to clean the trash because they are beginning to mow the right-of-ways and it helps that they don't mow the trash. Makes it much harder to pick up. I realized that smokers can't read. One cigarette pack had a pretty design on the front. One side said that the Surgeon General says cigarettes can kill you. The other side says "Do not litter". If they could read they wouldn't have bought it and by littering they compound their illiteracy. I got a full sack of trash.
I then went to town where I voted, mailed a Flame to Tim Dill in prison, took a check to Lawrence Farm and Ranch Supply, got my hair trimmed, visited Carl Edington, made Kiwanis and bought groceries. So I was ready for a nap when I got home.
Got more photos from the Book Festival and had to add one of me plus the one where Kinky was working his political visits. The Folkfore Society booth was successful in signing up members and ran out of brochures. I am curious how many that took brochures will mail in an application for membership.
Tonight it is interesting that Obama's campaigning apparently didn't win voters over. I think voters are reacting against the high spending policies of the Congress. But I have avoided politics in this blog. I have loaded Lou's box of papers on her research for her thesis and dissertation in the car to take to TWU along with a CD of all of her computer files. Another full day tomorrow.
Kinky Friedman visits with a Folklorist.


Rodenberger tries to talk another Texas into becoming a Folklore member.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home