Monday, October 19, 2009

WALKING, WALKING

I thought that I was in good shape but found that not only do I need to work on my upper body strength but my legs need a little work. I walked with Arlene at the Cross Plains Cancer Fundraiser. I felt good walking and completed 3 1/2 miles but when I got home my legs started hurting from my ankles down. My right leg was hurting as I drove in the road. When I got ready for bed both legs were in pain. I took a Tylenol thinking that would help. I couldn't sleep so I took a large aspirin. Still couldn't sleep. Arlene had mentioned that she used Theragesic before walking so I put it on and it completely removed the pain and let me sleep. But I decided that I needed to beef up my walking. This morning I went back to my old habit of walking two miles every morning. I felt better after and the weather is great with the usual strong wind gusts that are always present in West Texas.

I took wildlife photos but had nothing but deer. No raccoons, hogs or anything else. A new buck showed up this afternoon with his first set of horns. He could see me in the house preparing the bed for night and was very cautious. Didn't stay around. The does have been coming up to the front porch to eat the last few days. I haven't seen them eating on the crepe myrtle, but the flowers are all gone. The finch haven't shown up yet but I expect them any time.

1 Comments:

Blogger jknox40 said...

Charles, In answer to your 10-16-09 comment.....I'm Joan Knox from Austin.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home