Thursday, October 22, 2009

COLD TONIGHT

Because I don't have anyone to warm my bed tonight and the weatherman says it will be 8 to 10 degrees above freezing I am tempted to heat a brick in the oven, wrap it in a newspaper and put it at the foot of the bed under the covers. That was what I did back in Oklahoma during the winter. We heated the brick on the wood stove for each of us boys and we had our beds warm to help sleep. Some people use hot water bottles and I remember that, but mostly we used hot bricks.

I got an inch of rain in my glass gauges but my automatic gauge read 0.78 in large numbers. I need to see if I can change the calibration on that device. My wildlife camera sees only deer. Last night one raccoon showed but I guess they are all feeding on the heavy acorn crop.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles, Your thoughts of keeping warm reminded me of the "feather beds" we used in the "old days".
Regards,
Curtis
Levelland High '53

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Joan B Knox said...

I had never heard of the 'heated brick', surely it works, but, when I was a child, I would warm my pillow by the fireplace or space heater. (Large, cold and airy house that I grew up in, pier and beam foundation) Joan in Austin

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home