Thursday, October 29, 2009

RAIN AND TURKEYS

I have been told that I haven't posted lately and they are wondering what is going on. Routine stuff. Charge Conference for the church Tuesday night after Kiwanis at noon. Wednesday I took a prescription request to my doctor's office and made a big recyle trip to get rid of 20 years of Architectural Digest and Reader's Digests that were stored in the garage store room that we cleaned out last Saturday. I took the opportunity to pick up some OTC drugs I can't get in CP. I also ate a China Garden. There was a large table of oriental older women visiting with the owner. When I asked she said it was a Japanese church group. I then found out that everyone in the restaurant that I had assumed were Chinese were all Okinawan Japanese. The women were all military wives brought to the US. One cook is from Taiwan but is also Japanese. The food was good. I love water chesnuts and got a lot of them. Lunch was $4.55 with tea for $0.80. Includes an egg roll.

This morning I looked out to see a flock of turkeys going through the yard. I love to see them because I have been seeing grasshoppers and turkeys wipe them out. A spike buck was eating in the front and took a rest for a while this afternoon. On my wildlife camera I saw a large horned buck eating at night, but don't see him during the day. Does come around night and day.

Tomorrow I am going to Austin to work at the Texas Folklore Society booth at the Texas Book Festival. I was afraid it was going to be wet, but the Austin forecast calls for dry and warming Saturday and Sunday for the Festival. I will be back Sunday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home