Sunday, October 18, 2009

SUNDAY IN MUNDAY

Today I taught Sunday School and we discussed the first presentation of the Ten Commandments. They weren't chiseled in stone, but given to Moses and Aaron directly. I had forgotten that story so it is good to be working all the way through the Bible. Today the church has a problem believing that part about keeping the Sabbath because God created the universe in 6 days and rested on the seventh. We just can't believe that happened, but I am at the point that I can't prove He didn't do that and I accept it.

I skipped church to drive to Munday to meet a beautiful slender recently widowed lady. We had to ask where a restaurant was after driving the main street and not finding one. Given the road to Goree we found a DQ and ate at Mati's. We got there about 1 and they closed at 1:30. Like all west Texas restaurants the menu was half Mexican and half American. I asked the waitress and she liked the chicken quesadilla so I had that and the lady had grilled chicken salad. Both were good. She lives on Lake Kemp and her kids and grandkids like to come fish with her. They all live within an hour's drive so we decided we didn't have a lot in common other than we are both lonely after long marriages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home