Friday, October 16, 2009

GEESE AND TURKEY

This morning about 11 I heard geese honking. Finally saw the flock circling and waiting for two stragglers that were trying to catch up. One was really honking and when he got there I thought he would take the lead position. They waited for the last one, formed their V and took off to the south. Turkey was on the menu at the Cottonwood musical fund raiser tonight.

I mowed yesterday with the Ford tractor and when I got back I checked to see how much diesel was left and the plastic tubing was pulled loose from the top. Not leaving well enough alone I pulled the bottom off and had a stream of fuel squirting out. Tried unsuccessfully to push the tubing back on, finally put my thumb over the hole. I looked down and there was a little stick on the ground that just plugged the hole. This morning I called the tractor parts company. Not in stock so they ordered it. I told them not to FEDEX it and they will get it and mail it. When I don't know.

So today I mowed with the Deere to finish up at the Halsell House. Yesterday mowing outside I saw fire ant mounds so today I carried Over n' Out and treated fire ants while mowing. Sprinkled it all over the yard around the Air Conditioner at both houses. Treated one mound on the road coming back up to the house. For exercise I carried the portable air tank up to the compressor in the garage. Carried 65 pounds of air back to the tractor shed to air up a tire on the trailer that was collapsing.

Mark called tonight. He and Kathy found a good location and got to watch his first Pakistan F-16 production aircraft take off for a test flight that it exceeded the planned test. He could call the flight engineers to find out when it would go. While they were waiting they saw 8 F-16s for the Air National Guard at Carswell take off in several different formations. It is always fun to park at the end of the runway and watch aircraft. When Mark was about 6 we would do that in San Diego when I worked out there.

Tonight Cross Plains beat Miles there by one point. Cisco held on to their leadership position by defeating Clyde who beat them last year to ruin a perfect record.

Kathy Wilcox is in Tomball on a trip with two SA friends to show them the Quilt show in Houston. They did that this afternoon and she catching up with her Tomball friends.

I got an anonymous posting to this blog from a Joan Knox. I looked and there are 108 listed with a bunch in Texas but I don't know her. So maybe she will read this and contact me again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home