Friday, October 09, 2009

NEW FRIENDS NEW EXPERIENCES

I had three new friends visit yesterday. My eHarmony match, Avis is a retired CFO from an radio station in Iowa, who now lives in Denton and she was accompanied by her friend Judith from Denton and her friend who she said was from Germany. I was looking forward to meeting a German citizen. Turns out he lives in Germany but was born in Plainview, went into the service and ended up stationed in Germany. His children grew up and continue to live in Europe. So he had a lot of stories of a career in the Field Artillery.

We did something I had never done. We ate dinner at Jean's Feed Barn in Cross Plains where I had learned that morning at Methodist Men's meeting that the room had western music every Thursday night. We enjoyed the food and the music. They were professional quality musicians who were enjoying themselves with traditional good ole western music. After I gave them a tour of our Library to brag about our success and show off the new addition.

Last night the rain finally came through. Had over 1.5" in the rain guages but my automatic radio controlled guage said 1.24" so I know that it reads low. The temperature dropped from the muggy 86 degree yesterday to 48 this morning. I made French toast using the French bread that Kathy had left. I completely forgot the blueberry coffee cake that Kathy had given me for this occasion. I found it in the fridge when I ate lunch. I didn't do a good job making the bacon crisp. They all drank coffee but I had my tea.

Avis and I walked in a still misty morning to get the mail. Then they decided to return to Denton. Avis was feeling under the weather. Hope it wasn't my cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home