Saturday, July 18, 2009

RACCOON WAR CONTINUES

I looked out this morning and the automatic deer feeder was in good shape. Then when I walked to the mailbox I found the lid had been taken off of the self deer feeder. That raccoon was going to show me who is boss. I don't know how he held on to the wire holding the feeder while he took the lid off. The feeder was empty, so I filled both feeders. I added a second to the automatic feeder so that it throws out more four seconds of corn. Maybe that will help the coon find enough feed. I then found a board to mount the radio rain gauge that came yesterday. I worry that the coon will tear it up. Now I have to wait for rain. This morning I looked out and there was a small puddle on the rock walk. But there was very little in the rain gauge. We still have small chance of rain in the forecast for several days.

My daughter went to Tomball to the funeral of her friend's mother that Kathy had spent a lot of time with. But yesterday she told me that I am going to have a great granddaughter to go with my two great grandsons. And this weekend Jim and Mandi moved into the house that they inherited from her parents and are remodeling. Jon-Marc helped them move. Kathy will fly to Albuquerque tomorrow for a meeting all day Monday and fly back Tuesday. I remember Ma Halsell flying to Albuquerque for a week of math training when she was teaching and it was the highlight of her life. The first time she had been on an airplane. She loved it and I hope Kathy will enjoy her trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home