Wednesday, July 22, 2009

KITS ARE GROWING UP

The whole fox family was out this morning. The kits are growing up. I caught a mouse in the house and put it out but they didn't find it so I moved it to their feeding place. The kits were just following momma around and eating sunflower seeds with her. Papa also took care of them. Any motion in the house scares them. The deer were also out this morning and two of them acted like they were kissing. I had never seen that before. Wonder if it is mother and daughter or what. With the deer feeder working better more deer are showing up.

I mowed the back terrace where I had watered the cottonwoods and the front yard, but the rain hasn't greened it up much. I was hoping the prediction of more rain would help. I went to town to get a haircut this afternoon and got a report on all of the cancer victims in town. The barber's wife is back on chemo as are a lot of other men and women. I visited with Carl Edington because I had missed seeing him Tuesday but hurried home before the storms came thru. That was a bummer. Here I am and the rain played out in Abilene and I haven't seen a drop. They are saying a second wave will come thru later.

Got to get up early in the morning to make the Methodist Men's meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home