Sunday, July 19, 2009

NEW TECHNOLOGY WORKS

I mounted my new radio transmission rain gauge last night and it rained early this morning. I woke due to a call of nature and saw lightning and heard thunder at 3:40. I put the rain gauge main unit on the book case near the bed and about went back to sleep when the alarm beeped and I knew it was measuring rain. When I got up this morning it read 0.50". That is a lot more than I have had for a while and wondered if the gauge was right. I fed the birds and my large gauge in the back yard. It read exactly one half inch so I am happy with my new technology. I don't have to go out in the rain to see how much has fallen anymore.

This morning my Sunday School class really didn't want to hear the stories in Genesis 16-19. It started with a woman 90 years old getting pregnant by a 99 year old husband. That beat the woman in England who had children at age 66. Then we found out that Abraham and his son Ishmael were both circumcised on the same day. I had supplemented with a little internet research and found that the Muslims who relate to Ishmael still practice circumcision along with the Jews and my SS class all had their sons circumcised as a matter of practice. Then we found that Abraham "jewed" God down on how many righteous people it would take in Sodom to prevent destruction of that sinful city. He got him down to ten from fifty, but when the angels who looked like common men visited Lot in Sodom, there were not ten and God wiped it out after Lot left. The class didn't want to hear Lot offer his virgin daughters to the men who were demanding that the angels come out so that they could have sex with them. So we learned what God thinks of sodomy. We still don't know why Lot's wife looked back and became a pillar of salt. But what really was unacceptable to the class was Lot going to live in a cave and his daughters deciding to get him drunk and becoming empregnated by their father. I told them that the Bible tells the unvarnished story and shows the weakness of even the patriarchs that we can relate to.

I won night before last but last night the raccoons won another one after I filled the feeder and didn't get the lid back on apparently. Here is a video of how hard he worked night before last. Well I tried unsuccessfully three times to load a video. I will do it later as an edit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home