Thursday, August 20, 2009

SMALL WORLD



This morning I got up 15 minutes early to make the posted time of 6:15 for the Methodist Men's prayer breakfast. Only 4 of us showed up and we didn't start till 6:30 that I contend should have been the posted time. I had time to go home, feed the wildlife, gather recyclables and drive to the eye doctor. After he said nothing has changed, I got my glasses adjusted for when I knocked them off when the wasp stung my ear. I asked if they had any better sun glasses and found a pair of "aviator" glasses. Since I am scheduled to fly tomorrow (my instructor called while I was in the waiting room to say the broken tail wheel was fixed I scheduled for 8:30 tomorrow) I bought the glasses. I recycled at HEB, found the Chinese Kitchen on vacation so stopped at Spanos on 11th. As I walked to the door my cell phone rang. It was my son calling from Ankara, Turkey on his new Blackberry the company gave him to test using the internet for phones. It worked great. He is on the way to Brussels to meet his wife who left DFW today at 1 p.m. He spent several days in Turkey working on F-16 production at their facilities.



I am behind. Last night I took the minutes at the church council meeting and haven't even started writing them up. I read Judy Alter's blog and she was fussing about her computer having problems. I lost the last two days because I couldn't stay on AOL. It kept dropping off. I finally called Hughes Net and the Indian got me straightened out. I needed to reboot my wireless router. I think Judy was having the same problem. Everything is copasetic now.

One literary note. I got a new book sent to me by the author, Bill Neal, that ought to sell a million just based on its title SEX MURDER AND THE UNWRITTEN LAW. I haven't read it yet but from his first two books, he will tell us about all of the cases as Texas was developing that always let murderers off if he was defending his wife from his best friend sleeping with her. There are a lot of those stories to be told.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles, I have no idea how to reboot my router. I've not explored by computer any more because I've been in Tolar with my brother and sister-in-law. Home tonight and will try to do it. But I absolute hate computer problems!

Your flying certainly seems adventuresome. Glad you're enjoying it.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home