Friday, August 21, 2009

FLIGHT INSTRUCTION AND LITERATURE

Today I took a second flying lesson. Made two take-offs and landings and practiced power-on stalls. On one landing I was coming in way too high and the instructor said he would show me how to take care of that, took over the controls and side slipped it down to the field with 500 feet left when we came to a stop. The main purpose of today's flight was to learn how to handle a cross wind. It was rainy around but never where I am and we had a pretty good wind out of the east across the N-S runway. I am still having a lot of problem making the rudders do what I want them to while taxiing.

After the flight Nancy Robinson Masters was bubbling over with enthusiasm about her latest 4 book that she had to show me. She was asked to write the first books in a series directed at First and Second graders on explaining the world around them. She had very nice looking books on Electricity, Water, Telephones and one other. In the water book in the final page on the author she said she lived in a home without running water. I told her I did also. In the telephone book the final blurb said she had both a land line phone and a cell phone that she used to talk to people all over the world and I told her about Mark calling me yesterday from Ankara, Turkey.

Mark called again this afternoon from Rotterdam and started breaking up. After a few minutes he came back on loud and clear saying that he had to buy time on the hotel internet site to get a better connection. They don't know what they will do tomorrow, but they have a car and will drive somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home