Friday, July 03, 2009

TWO DAY DEER FEEDER INSTALLATION

Yesterday I got up early and got to the Methodist Men's meeting exactly on time. Everyone else gets there early. We had a devotional but haven't gotten back to the prayer session. I ate one biscuit with gravy and sausage. That one biscuit was as large as my small plate. I gave the new preacher an email from Mary Ann Chaffin to give to Carl Edington when he calls on him. I needed to cash my LW check but the bank isn't open early so I waited around shopping Lawrence Farm and Ranch Supply and ended up with an outback straw hat and a small sprinkler head. When I got home I put the sprinkler on my cottonwoods. I just couldn't watch them turn yellow and drop their leaves, although I waited a little too long. I found out the drive thru window was open at 8 so I got my business finished and got home in time to walk back to the mailbox.

At Meth Mens Roy Hunter offered to come help my put my deer feeder together. He had the nut runner that I didn't have for the self-tapping screws. He came at 10 and put it together. I had set the controls but when we got it in the tree the test didn't work. We decided that the battery needed charging. I brought it in and let it charge for a few hours and put it back. It still didn't work on test or during the set times.

This morning I took my flag to the front gate when I went for the mail. Mark and Mary Kathryn came to town to open a checking account with the local bank to take advantage of the 4.5% interest for accounts up to $25000. Mark said it was a lot better than any other investment so he was going to take advantage of it. MK called Sue and she and Ike met us at Subway for lunch. After Mark brought his electric test tool out. We checked the battery and it was low voltage. We charged it some more and got it where we could hear it trying to spin the feeder but decided I needed to get a new battery. I have one lone deer that I think is a buck that comes to look for corn. We spilled enough on the ground putting up the new feeder that I can wait to get a better battery.

Today the WSJ posted several responses to a science religion op-ed that I sent an email in response, but they didn't choose to use mine. I posted it on my creation blog.

While in town, I bought a cake at a sale by the cheer leaders in the bank to use for my contribution to the potluck lunch tomorrow at the Fourth of July celebration in Cottonwood. They always do a great job with their patriotic celebration reading the Declaration of Independence, a puppet show, pledging allegiance and having a fellowship lunch. They hang red, white and blue bunting and celebrate properly. I will have my flag flying at the front gate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home