Friday, June 26, 2009

WILDLIFE OBSERVATIONS

This morning the fox brought her kits out. I only saw one and when momma saw me she took off and the kit ran under the play house Mark built for Ashley many years ago. The last time we saw pups or kits there were four. I will watch for them.

I don't know if many people know what mountain pinks are, but we have them going up the hill in the back where they can't be seen too well, but some have crept along the road. I tried to sow some of the seeds by the road and that may have worked. When I first saw them when we moved here they appeared in late August or September, but the last couple of years they have started blooming in late June. One along the road is putting buds on now and when it blooms I will try to get a photo to post. They form a perfect bouquet with their flowers.

Tonight Mark, Mary Kathryn and I will go to the premier opening of the Cisco Dinner Theater to see the Santa Claus Bank Robbery musical written by Billy Smith, who was in school with Mark from grade school to high school. He is very talented and brings performers from all over the US to be in the show, so it is professional quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home