Wednesday, June 24, 2009

RECORDS MOVING DAY

Today Dawn Letson, the Woman's Collection Librarian came with a moving van to move the 50 boxes of books and files from Lou's collection. She said that they needed more women's novels in their collection and that Lou's many books would be a valuable addition. She said that they have already changed the name of the woman's collection in Lou's honor.

I took her to eat in Cross Plains after the movers left to give her a tour of the Cross Plains Library. We got there as the Wednesday Children's program got underway. She was impressed with the Robert E. Howard collection, the Meet the Author Wall, the Texana collection that Lou started and our new shelving. We toured the new Children's Resource Center that had Jacque Childress and her sister setting up a music display for the next round of children's program. They had an old, old cylindrical record player and a hand cranked player, a music box plus a record player that could play all sizes of platters. Jacque is a singer and a great teacher.

This morning I walked a couple of thank you letters to the mailbox, came back to get on the riding mower and mow the upper terrace in back then clean up the front drive while I picked up the mail. On the wildlife front, when I came back Sunday the hummingbird feeders needed filling so I added the new glass feeder. It is beautiful, but I haven't seen a bird using it yet. Then this afternoon I looked out and a raccoon was climbing the metal pole feeder in back, so in spite of the 101 temperature I mounted the baffle that Mark gave me on the post. It probably won't stop the squirrels who can jump from the trees but maybe it will discourage the coons. I also ordered a new deer feeder from a different company and used my $50 gift certificate leaving only 40 cents on the table.

Last night I spent a couple of hours working on the Flame for the church and today I was baffled by a blank space that I can't remove. Sometimes my computer completely baffles me. I just lost half of this blog and where it went I have no idea so I had to retype it trying to remember what I said before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home