Tuesday, June 23, 2009

JUNE 23

I forgot to tell what my daughter gave me for Father's Day. In addition to a gift card she gave me a box of Wiseman Handmade Chocolates and some chocolate covered pistachios. First time I have had them but they are good. She knows I am a chocoholic.

Today I mowed around the house. I have been watering the tomatoes at the house but ignored the ones in my little disater garden. When I was mowing I was surprised that most of the plants had small tomatoes on them and were drying up. I watered them and watered the cottonwood trees, which I rarely do, but they are showing drought. The tomatoes I have been watering have blooms but no tomatoes.

I went to Kiwanis after visiting with Carl Edington who was watching Obama's news conference. Kiwanis had a program by our Librarian Linda Burns and Sue Bennett who teaches the little children's programs. Linda told about one of their programs this year was Mark Finn reading a Breckenridge Elkins cowboy story to the kids. I asked how many of the Kiwanians were reading the Breckenridge story running in the Review. They looked blank. So much for reading the paper.

When I filled my deer feeders, I found that the battery was disconnected and when I put a new battery in the controls wouldn't operate, so I may use my gift card to buy a new feeder. I filled the self feeder but I haven't trained the deer to make it work. My pond is a disaster after the lillies were totally removed. Too bad I didn't have the game camera working to prove it is the raccoons. I haven't seen a fish in weeks.

Tomorrow the moving van is coming from Denton to move Lou's files to TWU. I hope to get some more mowing done before it gets too hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home