Thursday, June 25, 2009

NEW PASTOR HAS WWA HISTORY

This morning I met Harris Worcester, our new pastor, at the Methodist Men's Prayer breakfast. He asked about Lou's Stirrup award and then told me that he was an affiliate member of Western Writers of America and even served as the Spur chair one year. That is the largest job in the organization. His father was a lifelong member and hosted one of the Fort Worth meetings. He said he let Judy Alter host the last one. I think that was the one where Lou joined and I can't remember the year.

After I got home I mowed the lawn inside of the Halsell House fence. I walked from there to get the mail. When I fed the birds this morning I found that the coons had gotten past the baffle and tore up the metal feeder. This morning I saw a squirrel on the top. I presume they jump over from the trees.


This afternoon I printed 12 copies of the Flame on my inkjet printer to get the color photos. While I was waiting for the printing I play solitaire and won over $1400. That is the first time I ever had that run of luck playing Las Vegas solitaire. I normally end up losing $3-500. I also accidently got the Flame looking ok by somehow getting rid of the blank spot that had baffled me yesterday.


Tonight I read in the Review that it was the American Legion meeting night. I had a letter on my desk from a couple of days ago asking me to join, so I took the form and check to the meeting and ate a hamburger for the first time in months and enjoyed some homemade desserts. I felt like I should support them after they worked to get the marble veterans center near the city hall that has my name on the WWII and the Korean tablets. Don Clark is the chief honcho and I enjoyed talking to him.

Tonight Mary Kathryn sent me this photo of Ashley and Ross with their dog Kodiak. Ross is from Alaska and they needed an Alaskan name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home