Monday, June 29, 2009



RACCOONS 1 ME 0, MOUNTAIN PINK


Last night the raccoons completely tore up my metal squirrel proof feeder. Not only did they take it apart and remove one of the springs so that I couldn't find it, they pulled the wires for my electric fence shocker off and pulled the clips I had attached to the end of the wires off and I can't find one of them. So I gave up, and unplugged my electric fence, put feed in the feeder and left it without the part that closes when a squirrel got on it. Of course the squirrels had learned to work around it anyway.
The mountain pinks have started blooming and my poor photos show what two of them look like. I found four in bloom, a drop off from previous years. But I will keep looking.
Today I went to town to buy groceries and when I mailed a letter to Vanessa I drove by the Review office and it occurred to me that I hadn't printed up another installment of the REH cowboy story. So after I ate and napped until the phone rang, I printed the copy and took it to the Review, stopped at the Library where they have moved books to the old children's area and it looks great. I then visited for a few minutes with Carl Edington and we talked about the oil patch. He is 88.
For my children, I called the Hospice and they are still working on putting the photos in the memory book and may want to get some comments from you. At least we know the photos didn't go to England with the volunteer who started the project.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home