Wednesday, July 15, 2009

RECYCLING PAYS OFF IN CASH

I recycled paper, cans, glass and plastic. My first trip to the container resulted in a one dollar bill being blown on the pavement. Then when I went to the plastic container there was a five dollar bill moving along the ground. Both had obviously been folded into a wad. The car that was there when I drove up had driven off so I had no one to return the money to so it went into my pocket.

I needed it because I had just come from the hearing aid office where I had signed up for a pair of new digital hearing aids at $4600 which was a lot more than I wanted to pay, but the beautiful doctor was very persuasive. I finally gave in when she said I could get 18 month zero interest financing. I can afford that, although looking at the European river trips that came in the Vantage catalog, I need about that amount of money to make a trip that Elmer and Ann Kelton said was a great adventure. They did it a few years ago. We enjoyed our Alaska cruise with Vantage so much that I am looking at their trips when I can afford it.

I ate at my favorite chinese restaurant Chinese Kitchen that is still trying to find a buyer but they continue to be the best bargain in food in Abilene as far as I am concerned and they all know me and speak to me. They bring me chop sticks without asking.

Speaking of food, yesterday morning I made French toast and remembered to add a little cinnamon that made it really good. And tonight I thought I needed fish so I found an old can of sardines in the pantry that tasted pretty good with crackers. I had my ususal half glass of red wine, handful of mixed nuts, grapes, few pieces of dark chocolate and the apple. I almost have my weight back down from the splurge in Oklahoma City.

This morning the lid was off the deer feeder, but the video only shows him working on it. I will post two 15 second videos five minutes apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home