Monday, July 06, 2009

A LITTLE RAIN

It sprinkled several times over the last three days recording a total of 0.2" in my gauge. My new electronic gauge doesn't work. I tested it today by pouring water in with the recorder in my pocket real close. It didn't record. I took it apart to see if there was another way the rocker that measures could be installed. It can be put in the opposite way but doesn't rock because the little magnet is in a groove. I put new batteries in each unit. I am technically deficient in making my outdoors gadgets work.

I haven't read any good books lately to comment on, but for Sunday School I did a little research on the computer. We were working on the sons of Noah in Genesis 9, 10, and 11. The student book remarked that people had used the story of Canaan, the son of Ham who was punished by Noah saying he would be the servants of Shem, to insinuate that Canaan became the black race that served as slaves down through history. To try to find something I went to Crosswalk.com that lets you look at a number of commentaries. I started with John Wesley's commentary who commented on every verse in the Bible. He had no comments on how the descendants became the different nations although he placed England in the list of Isles that were mentioned. No racial comments. I then checked Gill's commentary and it sounded a lot like Wesley. Don't know who wrote the first comment. I looked at other commentaries and the only one that had more was Schofield who traced the descendants to Syria, Russia, Greece, etc. But no racial comments. During SS class Jane Bonner said she had been taught that the story of Ham seeing Noah naked was a homosexual story. I told her that was how many stories get started. The Bible has no indication of that but never backs off in other places about homosexual stories. We also focused on Peleg because in his day the earth was divided. Is that when the continental drift occurred?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home